My duty will be to provide you with assistance and advice.
I will share my experience in polar navigation, my knowledge of the Antarctic region, my ice navigation skills along with the hands-on technical know-how that I have acquired onboard the icebreakers L'Astrolabe and Aurora Australis.
Throughout my career I have had to implement maintenance and safety management programs. I also had to supervise the works that were carried out during dry docking and lay up periods.
I have also recently participated in a new project, beeing involved in ship replacement preparation.
You may also benefit of the contacts and solid working relationships that I built in the French and Australian Polar fields.
POLAR TRIP PREPARATION AND ADVICE / TRAINING
- Itinerary survey and routing (Ice conditions, weather, means of assistance, supplies...)
- charters: research, charter-party preparation
and pre-charter survey
- ship and equipment preparation
- Contacts, crewing
- Conformance with regulations ( Polar Code )
- Training ( Ice navigator )
Two options :
- Ship Master. Responsible for the entire expedition, including the preparation.
- ship guidance as Ice Pilot : in charge of the navigation in the pack ice and its vicinity, providing and interpretation of Ice Satellite Imagery.
The vessel remains under the Master's responsability.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE AND CONSTRUCTION FOLLOW UP
Assistance for any of the following steps in the design and the construction of a polar vessel :
- preliminary studies / specs
- contacts with shipyards
- construction follow up
- launching and sea trials